Find out how to sign up for a Santander student account at www.santander.co.uk in this banking review, and information about international account.
Student Banking by Santander
To apply for a Santander student account, you will need to meet the following requirements for eligibility:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Live in the UK
- Have an unconditional offer to a course this year
- Have an email address
- Can show addresses for previous 3 years
- Can provide information on income such as loans
Once you meet all these requirements, you can apply for a student account the following way:
- Go to Santander.co.uk and click “student current account”
- Click “Apply Now”
- Make sure you meet the requirements and click “Continue”
From there, you will be asked to fill out your details such as financial income and outgoings, and personal details such as your phone number. If credit check tests and other verifications pass then you will receive an email confirming your account has been opened and then login details 7-10 days later.
Once you have your account, you can take out a £250 Arranged Overdraft increase and an overdraft extension up to £1,500 if you pay a minimum of £500 into your account each term.
Upon graduation, your account will be changed to a graduate account.
International Current Account
To apply for an international current account, make sure you satisfy the following eligibility details:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a UK address
- Are studying in the UK for at least a year with a Higher Education Institution
To navigate to the application page, do the following:
- On Santander.co.uk, hover your mouse over the “Current Account” dropdown menu
- Click “International Student Current Account”
- Read the information provided to get an idea of the account details and requirements
- To apply, find your nearest branch by clicking the link under the “Apply” tab
- Go to your closest branch and take some proof of identity
Santander also provides travel insurance if you are going abroad. To find out more, hover over the insurance menu at Santander and click “travel insurance.”
Santander provides a range of services to local and international students in the UK. The signing-up process for these services is stringent, but the deals are flexible with various overdraft options.
Find Santander Headquarters